Celebrate the LGLC’s 30th Anniversary with food trucks, kids’ activities, free treats, hiking trails, and more! Join us at Up Yonda Farm, Environmental Education Center in Bolton Landing on August 18th as we thank YOU for all you have done to help us protect the land that protects the lake for the past 30 years!
The Lake George Land Conservancy will be hosting a family-friendly gathering at Up Yonda Farm featuring local food trucks, face painting, live music, and more as a way to thank all of our friends, supporters and communities that have been with us throughout our 30 year history. Come, mix and mingle, bring your family and friends and celebrate three decades of history, conserving land and water quality to keep it as clean and beautiful as it is today for our children and future generations.
This event and its activities are free, though food from vendors is available to purchase (each vendor is donating a part of their proceeds from the day back to the LGLC).
11 am – 2 pm — Activities and food available
12 pm — Brief welcome and LGLC year-in-review, a look ahead to the next 30 years
12:10 pm — Volunteer Award presented
12:15 – 2 pm — Live music with Dan Ladd
12:30 pm — Guided hike starts by pavilion
Free Activities and Treats:
• Live music with Dan Ladd (12:15/after presentations – 2 pm – bring a chair or blanket for the lawn!)
• Ice cream from Ben & Jerry’s Bolton Landing
• Face painting by Casey Beal Designs
• Nature scavenger hunt, crafts and more from the LGLC
• Live raptors with Nancy Kimball, licensed and local wildlife rehabilitator
• Hands-on river simulation table with Warren County Soil and Water Conservation District
• Up Yonda Farm’s on-site exhibits, butterfly house, children’s nature museum, pond exploration, and hiking trails
• Guided hike led by Up Yonda and LGLC staff at 12:30 pm; approx. 1 mile round-trip through woods and to the scenic view overlooking the Farm and Lake George
Food Trucks (food for purchase):
• The Plaid Pancake: Mobile food truck serving sweet Liege Belgian waffles with various topping options
• 9 Miles East: Local, farm fresh food with seasonal offerings, vegan and vegetarian friendly
• Adirondack Pub & Brewery Hops, Chop and Roll Food Truck with Lake George Soda Works: classic food truck fare with a twist and hand crafted sodas
Our thanks to all of these participating vendors and partners for helping to make this a spectacular celebration! Come out and join the fun!
*We apologize but according to county rules, dogs are not allowed at Up Yonda Farm.*
Registration is appreciated but not required. Register here! (Please refresh the page to register additional people, thanks!).
Questions? Contact Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-644-9673.