Please respect the following guidelines while visiting any of the LGLC’s parks and preserves:
- Follow current guidelines for safe recreation during the coronavirus pandemic. (click for PDF)
- Stay Local: Choose trails and destinations close to home.
- Be Safe: Avoid crowds and groups; keep a distance of 6 feet or more from others on the trail.
- Be Ready: Move quickly through parking lots, scenic areas; if crowded choose a different trail or time to visit.
- Stay Home: If you’re not feeling well, stay home.
- All properties* are open year-round, dawn to dusk. (*During the coronavirus pandemic some properties may be closed to minimize exposure risk and environmental damage from overuse. Please see preserve pages for details.)
- Please stay on the marked trails.
- Please be courteous of other preserve guests.
- No removal of plants or animals without permission. The LGLC allows hunting by permit only. Please call 518-644-9673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information. Please use caution when hiking during hunting seasons – wear bright colors and hike in groups. Hunters – please be aware of hikers and hunt away from trails. Please follow NYS DEC’s Hunting Safety Rules. Click here to go to NYS DEC’s Hunting website.
- No camping, littering or fires.
- Motorized or non-motorized recreational vehicles are NOT allowed.
- Leashed dogs are permitted, but please clean up after your dog. Do not leave plastic dog waste bags on site.
- Please park only in the designated area.
- To report trail damage or maintenance issues, please email email@example.com or call 518-644-9673.
For properties owned by the NYS DEC, the following rules apply:
- Please follow DEC State Land Camping and Hiking Rules when visiting.
- Hunting is permitted according to New York State regulations.
- Please use caution when hiking during hunting seasons – wear bright colors and hike in groups. Hunters – please be aware of hikers and hunt away from trails. Please follow NYS DEC’s Hunting Safety Rules. Click here to go to NYS DEC’s Hunting website.
- To report any problems or acquire any permits, please contact DEC Forest Ranger Rick Schroeder at 518-335-3888 or the DEC Regional Office at 518-897-1300. For emergencies, call 518-891-0235.